Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds

By Ana (Montenegro)

Everyone knows about this proverb. Many teachers, members of family and sports people have told us the importance of healthy life, so that is why many children have started playing some sport. Boys usually like football and girls prefer playing volleyball, but there are also other sports like basketball, ballet, tennis, judo, handball, swimming and others.


But why do we need it? Many people do not like spending their time in some activity, they are lazy or even they don’t have enough time for any kind of movement. Sure, we can blame today’s lifestyles which are rigorous, people work a lot, pay attention on their careers, take care of children or they just don’t want not to have fun in their life which they thing is too short to be wasted.

In many cases, after I spoke to a friend asking about some sport or activity, I could find the answer devastating. `Oh no, I have to study! I don’t even have enough time to watch TV and rest, sometimes I don’t even eat whole day and I am always, but always tired. How do you think I could handle one exercise without falling down? Besides, my parents also think I am too busy...`

Response like this should be considered as problematic, because the person doesn’t even know the importance of healthy life. While playing sports we improve circulation, the lungs fill with oxygen and they spread, so we can get more oxygen, fill our body with it and help or cells work, our metabolism improves and all toxins leave our body. The result of this is good body structure, nice looking that everyone enjoys having, and there are nice, strong muscles with no fat and cellulite.

The most important thing is the start. We have to begin from something, and the beginning is the hardest thing. Breakfast at 8, nice meal with cereals and milk, lunch at 3 with lots of vegetable and meat and rice and dinner at 6, light and easy, with snacks full of fruit in between. Every day one hour exercise, always something different like riding a bike, doing sit ups, running, walking, or we can play some sport, do aerobics or swim.

Whenever I finish doing some exercise I feel like I have been resting for hours, somehow I feel free, light, easy and nice. I feel like I have lost all of negative energy and that I am full with new, fresh one. That feeling is great. That’s why I recommend yoga classes here in camp. I attended it and I want to attend it again! Take it, and you will see why. Until then, keep in mind the proverb at the beginning of the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment